BLOG NUMBER 5.5
It’s been incredible to watch the news during the past two or three years and see how the weather has been changing. The Northern, Midwestern and East Coast states have always had cold, blustery winters. But the winters of the last few years have been even harsher with colder temperatures, more ice, and snow that never seems to quit falling.
Snow removal has never been more important than it is right now. States that had relatively mild winters are now experiencing record-breaking snow levels. More weather related accidents are occurring, resulting in more injuries and deaths.
What One Governor Has Decided To Do About The Situation
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker, along with his secretary of Transportation and the interim MBTA General, has put into motion an $82.7 million Winter Resiliency Plan. His hometown newspaper, the Rockland Standard ran this story on June 5, 2015 about the plan.
Here’s what he wants to happen:
1. New, specialized snow removal equipment would be used to remove snow as quickly as possible.
2. More snow removing activities and facilities would be put into motion as storms increase.
3. He would revise the MBTA’s winter weather operations and protocols.
These are just a few of the changes proposed in the new plan. Clearly, these officials are taking snow removal very importantly.
2 Important Reasons You Should Hire a Snow Removal Consulting Expert
State and local governments can only do so much when it comes to snow and ice removal. Business owners have a responsibility, a duty in fact, to care for the property around their businesses. This includes removing snow and ice in a reasonable manner to protect anyone who enters the property. Exactly what is required? If you’re not sure, it might be time to hire a snow removal consulting expert. They can help you in the following areas:
- They Are Up To Date With Current Regulations. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. Who has time to keep up with them? Not most people, that’s for sure. But snow removal consultants do because that’s their job. So, if you want to make sure you’re up to date and doing things the right way, a consultant can help.
- They Can Complete Weather Audits and Serve As Expert Witnesses. If you do all you can to keep your property safe, your snow removal expert can do the necessary weather research to prove it. Plus, they can testify for you as an expert witness if you’re ever sued.
Doing Your Part by Hiring a Snow Removal Consulting Expert
According to predictions, winter weather doesn’t seem like it’s going to be letting up anytime soon. This means everyone has to play their part with snow removal efforts. As a business owner, you can do your part by hiring a snow removal consulting expert. Call an expert today to find out how they can help you with your efforts.
DISCLAIMER: Information contained in this Website and blog is intended for informational purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the direct opinions, views or practices of Swenson Consulting or its consultants. The individuals who maintain this blog work for Swenson Consulting. The information, comments and links posted on this blog do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been or will be formed by any communication(s) to, from or with the blog and/or the blogger. All decisions relating to the content of the website blog belong to the blogger and management company responsible for the blog for the purpose of aggregating relative industry specific information related to snow removal.