BLOG NUMBER 23.47
Even though we’ve worked with thousands of clients in the snow and ice industry, there’s always something new to learn. Swenson Consulting’s team of snow experts is committed to staying up to date on current information and technology in the snow and ice industry. So, we were pretty excited to join the 25th Annual Snow & Ice Symposium earlier this year!
The Snow & Ice Symposium was named “Out of This World,” and it really was! We learned so much from the panels of experts that we are excited to apply to our work as snow experts, supporting businesses and companies with legal challenges surrounding snow removal or slip and fall accidents.
This event is a big deal in the snow and ice industry. Here’s what it’s all about!
Dates and Location: June 21-24, 2022, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Yes, we get the irony of attending a snow and ice event in the middle of summer! But attending the conference now means that we have so much new and exciting information and insights to apply to our work once the winter hits.
Sponsor: Snow and Ice Management Association (SIMA). SIMA is a professional community with a membership made up of snow contractors, facility managers, and insurance professionals. Their goal is to train, establish best practices, and connect professionals in the industry. Their annual symposium brings all this together in an amazing four-day event!
Schedule: The symposium was held over a four-day period with over 60 unique events. Here are a few of the schedule highlights:
- Exhibit hall with vendors, businesses, and professionals ready to talk and connect.
- Panel discussions on topics such as “Automation in Snow & Ice Management.”
- “Snack and chat” and “coffee and conversation” sessions hosted by companies for ways to connect in a small group environment.
- Talks and lectures on a variety of topics, including “Weather Services: Why They’re Worth the Investment,” “Opportunities in the Resignation Era,” and “Training Novices into Seasoned Pros.”
- Labs and workshops to train and equip professionals.
As you can see, there was a lot going on! It was invaluable learning for us here at Swenson Consulting. A few of our main takeaways were:
- Learning about best practices for running our business, from HR to management to technology.
- Connecting with other businesses, experts, and professionals in the industry.
- Being inspired by motivational keynote speakers and panel discussions.
There was so much to gain from this symposium, and we’re ready to take this knowledge and apply it to our work here at Swenson Consulting! It’s impossible to get to talk to everyone or attend all the events, so we’ll just have to make it up next year at SIMA’s 26th annual Snow and Ice Symposium!
Swenson Consulting has a long history of providing valuable support and information to businesses and legal professionals involved in lawsuits or accidents. We offer slip and fall expert witness services as Jeremy Swenson is a snow and ice expert. Contact us for more information.
DISCLAIMER: Information contained in this Website and blog is intended for informational purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the direct opinions, views or practices of Swenson Consulting or its consultants. The individuals who maintain this blog work for Swenson Consulting. The information, comments and links posted on this blog do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client relationship has been or will be formed by any communication(s) to, from or with the blog and/or the blogger. All decisions relating to the content of the website blog belong to the blogger and management company responsible for the blog for the purpose of aggregating relative industry specific information related to snow removal.